On The Road With Orionna Ward

With her wide, curious eyes and a smile to match, Orionna Ward is an inspiration to us all, In fact, it’s official. She won the “Most Inspiring Student” award in 2015 for her hard work and dedication to school, she also works overtime at her job and is proud to say she currently owns two vehicles in her name.
During her high school career she moved out of her parent’s house and lived on her own. “I’ve changed a ton since,” “ward said. “For a while I was homeless, couch surfing constantly. I had major financial struggles.”
She plans to travel the world after graduating high school.
“I know it seems cliché,” She states, “but I’m going to do it”
Ward plans to travel by working for The Peace Corps and as a nanny.
“When I have enough money, I’m going to buy a plane ticket out of this country,” She said. “I’m going to meet a lot of people, and help a
Beers decide on a career in education.“I have always wanted to be a teacher, and after tutoring in the exceptionalities classroom, I knew it was a perfect match- plus I love working with kids!”
For her senior project, Beers had six students, four teachers and two administrators be in a wheelchair for two full school days in November. Then she made a video based on their experience. “I wanted to lot of people.”
For her senior project she bought and renovated a van which she plans to use to travel the country with. Of her four years in high school she claims that her senior year was favorite.
“My senior year was probably my best year,” she said. “I met some amazing teachers and took some awesome classes like dance and ukulele, which was a great opportunity because most schools most schools don’t offer classes like that. Lt was really cool to be able to experience it.my friends helped me in every way they could, especially Noah, he’s been there for me since I moved out of my parent’s place. He and his family has helped me a ton, providing me with food and a place to live. It’s in times of struggle that you find out who your real friends are.”
In 2015 Ward was awarded with the “Most Inspiring Student” award for being a hardworking and dedicated student.
“I was surprised,” Ward stated, “but I was also honored. Not only was I labeled as most inspiring student, but that also inspired me to keep going. Growing up I didn’t really get recognized for many things, so it was nice to finally be noticed”