Drama Department: Eagle Encores

Cylestte Williams, Writer

Each Year the drama department makes a big impact on the school, giving many students the opportunity to show their love for the arts and perform on stage whether it be through dance, song, or even simply performing a role in a play or musical.  

But, as the end of the year draws closer this also becomes a very sad time for the department. Having to say goodbye to the wonderful Seniors that have been a part of the department. How they do this is through Eagle Encores.

Sarah DeGrandpre, the drama teacher at Big Sky High School, described this event as a low-key event where students and parents come together to recognize seniors, hand out awards, give out lettering pins, and say a special thank you to the many parents of Big Sky students for helping the department in so many ways.

This year the students put on great performances. From Haven Moss singing ‘You Don’t Know You’re Beautiful’ from One Direction, to Abigail Racicot performing ‘Part Of Your World’ from the Little Mermaid, accompanied by her older brother, a former Big Sky Graduate, Eagle Encores is a special and touching moment for not only the seniors, but for all the students who are apart of the Drama Department.

This event is a way from everyone to say their final goodbyes through their love for the arts. It’s a touching moment that brings a smile to every student, teacher, and parent’s face.

The Drama Department looks forward to the many years to come, but is still very sad to see so many wonderful and talented seniors leave the nest and start their new lives.

Students sit , waiting with excitement for it to begin.
Abigail Rocicot performing 'Apart Of Your World' from The Little Mermaid. Accompanied by her older brother.
Abigail Racicot performing ‘Apart Of Your World’ from The Little Mermaid. Accompanied by her older brother.
Sarah DeGrandpre begins to hand out “Parent Thank You” gifts.
Logan Rauk sings the first song she ever sang on stage for the students and parents of the drama department.
Haven Moss performing ‘You Don’t Know You’re Beautiful’ By One Direction.