Big Sky students prepare for summer break. (Aubree Rush)
Big Sky students prepare for summer break.

Aubree Rush

Big Sky Students’ Big Summer Plans

June 12, 2019

Everyone knows that feeling, the one you get when you finish that last final, when the last bell rings, signifying the end of the school year. For most, summer means fun and relaxation, they shed the responsibility of worrying about grades and homework.

Some make big plans to take advantage of the break, maybe going on vacation or visiting family. Others have more low-key plans, like spending time with friends and using their free-time to relax. Some people choose to use this time to get ahead, they might work, volunteer or take classes. No matter what you spend your summer doing, you’re probably thankful for the time to do what you choose.

This year, students will finish their last final on June 13, and summer vacation will last until late August. With all that time to fill, there are so many opportunities that open up for students to take.

“To sum it up, camping, friends and floating the river.” Says Sophomore Enacyee King. Freshman MariAuna Ballas has similar plans, to spend her time relaxing at the lake.

A common plan throughout Big Sky is practicing and playing sports. Freshman Kieler Hudson and Freshman Michael Parkey are going to practice their favorite sports, for Hudson that means baseball and for Parkey swimming. Sophomore Aidan Winterburn is going to work on his cross country skills.

One person who has some big plans to fill the summer is Sophomore Brady McBride, he is going to Nationals for Speech and Debate and is going to visit his family in Utah.

Whether you’re just going to chill, travel or work the long break is a great time to take a load off.

Big Sky Sun Journal • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Big Sky Sun Journal Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *